Public Health Outreach Associate - Healthy Food and Nutrition
To oversee LMCHD’s healthy food and nutrition initiatives, activities, and programs including the community garden, garden academy, Growing Healthy Pittsburg Partnership, and more. This position required strong organizational, planning, and communication skills as well as good political acumen.
- Community Garden: Tasks include daily management of the LMCHD Community Teaching Garden including tool inventory, maintenance and upgrades, processing work requests/orders, annual registration, and maintaining community norms and standards; directly supervising garden monitor; open two-way communication with garden participants.
- Garden Academy: Serves as lead instructor and coordinator for garden and nutrition workshops and courses including Little Sprouts Garden Academy; liaison between LMCHD and University of California Master Gardener Program.
- Budget: Prepares, administers, and monitors annual budget in consultation with executive directory and LMCHD Garden Committee; submits and processes purchase requests.
- Grants: Responsible for researching and applying for a grant and/or partnership opportunities under the healthy food and nutrition initiative.
- Community Capacity Building: Helps the local community develop sustainable capacity among trusted community-based organizations, elected officials, and community activists to build a culture of wellness within LMCHD’s boundaries.
- Governance: Prepare, assemble, and distribute Board of Directors meeting agendas and supporting documentation; finalize meeting minutes; maintain meeting history files, director attendance records, and databases; monitor and enforce deadlines for upcoming meeting agenda items. ***This will all be done in accordance with public transparency laws including but not limited to the Ralph M. Brown Act and Public Records Act.***
Other Responsibilities and Skills
- May support chair of the Garden Committee and/or other related committees.
- Other duties as assigned.
This position reports directly to the Executive Director.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of experience required.
- A minimum of associate's degree in a related field.
- Advanced MS Office Skills. Proficiency or understanding of DocuSign, MailChimp, Canva, preferred but not required.
- Excellent use of grammar and spelling.
- Ability to produce accurate, neat, and legible documents.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to proofread.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of laser printers, copiers, and fax machines.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to maintain confidential information.
Hourly Range and Schedule
$25.02-$30.97 an hour. Starting hourly rate placement is determined by experience.
|Step 1||Step 2||Step 3||Step 4||Step 5|
To apply send resume and cover letter to Lamar.Thorpe@lmchd.org.